You have no items in your shopping cart.
What is Edison?
Edison is a programmable robot designed to be a complete STEM teaching resource for coding and robotics education for students from 4 to 16 years of age.
True robotics education brought to life
The Edison robot is a powerful, engaging tool for teaching kids computational thinking and computer programming in a hands-on way.
With more built-in sensors than any robot in its class as well as lights, sounds and autonomous behaviour capabilities,
Edison makes true robotics education accessible to students of all ages.
Not just a remote-controlled robot, Edison can:
- - Respond to light and sound
- - Follow lines and avoid obstacles
- - Communicate with other Edison robots
- - Connect to other Edison robots
- - and LEGO bricks And so much more!
More than just a robot!
The Edison robot is a powerful, engaging tool for teaching kids STEM, computational thinking and computer programming in a hands-on way.
1. Free educational resources
2. Multiple robot programming languages
3. Downloadable robot activity mat
4. Activity book: You're a Controller - barcodes and Edison
5. Activity book: Let's Program Edison in EdWare
6. Your EdVenture into Robotics - You're a Builder
An educational robotics at a price you can afford!
Want to blow your student’s minds with educational robotics and see levels of learning and engagement that are off the charts? Look no further…
- Left and right infrared obstacle detection – Navigate through a maze and avoid collisions
- Left and right light sensors – Follow a torch/flash light or find a dark corner
- Clap detector – Sense load sounds such as claps to control driving
- Line tracking sensor – follow lines and stay within borders
Lights, sound and action
- Left and right red LED lights – Flash the LED lights to add a cool look
- Buzzer – Gives sound feedback and can play musical notes
- Two motors with encoders – Drive Edison or use LEGO cross axles to power a new invention
- Infrared receiver – Remote control from a standard TV/DVD remote control
- Infrared LEDs – Transmit messages and control commands to another Edison robot
- Infrared receiver – Receive messages and control commands from another Edison robot
Multifunction line tracking sensor
Edison’s line tracking sensor has three functions:
- Detect lines – Contrast between black and white surfaces
- Read barcodes that activate pre-programmed functions
- Receive the programming signal from EdWare via the EdComm cable
Works with LEGO bricks
Edison has been designed as a modular robotics system that is easily expandable using LEGO bricks.
Edison has studs across the top, bottom and sides that work with LEGO pieces.
The wheels can be removed and LEGO cross axles can be inserted to create new inventions.
Two or more Edisons can be connected together.
For example, to create a digger out of LEGO bricks, where the bottom Edison becomes the wheel driving mechanism and the top Edison controls the bucket tipper.
New inventions are only limited by your student’s imagination!
10 Educational Robotics Lesson Plans
Getting your class started with the educational robotics is easy with these 10 FREE Educational Robotics Lesson Plans.
The complete document is 66 pages and includes 36 student Worksheets, 5 Activity sheets, a student achievement chart and a student award certificate.
The worksheets and activity sheets allow students to study independently and learn at their own pace.
10 Educational Robotics Plans
Lesson 1: Get familiar and set up
Lesson 2: Robot movement – Driving
Lesson 3: Robot movement – Turning
Lesson 4: Maze challenge and Mexican wave
Lesson 5: Design brief 1 – My Program
Lesson 6: Clap sensing
Lesson 7: Detect obstacles
Lesson 8: Line sensing and tracking
Lesson 9: Respond to light
Lesson 10: Design brief 2 – My Program
EdWare – Graphical based robot programming software
EdWare is graphical programming software that makes teaching educational robotics a breeze! Using drag and drop graphical icons robot programming is easy to learn and great fun! EdWare is available for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS (iPad) and Android. EdWare isFREE to download or use online.
This easy to use drag and drop graphical programming language uses CONTROL, READ, DATA and FLOW instructions that are linked together in a logical flowchart style.
Advanced programming is just a mouse click away – up to 5,000 command icons can be used in a single program (Edison V2.0). Sophisticated programs using 16-bit maths and event interrupts can also control one Edison, or several Edisons operating together.
Programs are downloaded using the supplied EdComm cable. The EdComm cable connects to the headphone jack of your computer or tablet and uses a stream of pulse encoded audio to program Edison.
Simple downloading from any device with the EdComm cable
Each Edison comes with an EdComm cable for downloading programs into Edison.
The EdComm cable is simple to set up as it doesn’t require any driver software to be installed and is compatible with any device that has a headphone jack. This allows Edison to be programmed from devices that don’t have USB ports, such as iPads.
|Age||6-12 Years, over 12 Years|